Friday 9 September 2011

I survived the dreaded Day 3!

What do I mean by that? Well with the SixpackShortcuts System, in phase one there is 4 days that you repeat in a cycle, 1-4, then take a day off if needed.

So if you read the "Near Death Experience" post, that was based on day 3. I think day 3 is the hardest one that you have to do, so far. 20 seconds of 5 exercises, back to back, NONSTOP! Then rest for 90-120 seconds. This time I actually managed to do the whole thing. I may have thought about after the 5th set that I was going to puke up my water, but I DID IT!

The hardest one of those to do was the pushups. I found out by my body's reaction this time that I was doing them wrong the last time. You do normal push ups, but when you lower yourself down, you have to push your feet apart, while in the downward motion. Kind of like a jump while you're going down. Then when you come back up, you bring your legs back together while in the upward motion. I know I definitely felt it where it was supposed to be, and that was in my abs. Felt it immediately when I done the first one correctly. If you've ever tried the electronic muscle stimulation, and you felt your muslces moving on it's own, thats what it feels like. For everyone else who hasn't tried that, it's like your muscles are contracting hard and fast. Odd feeling, a tiny bit painful at first honestly. But that's the way you know you're working it. Not pain mind you, but when you feel the muscle.

Mr.ChubChub WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Why did you keep going if you felt like you were going to puke? Because I didn't want to let myself down. I know there's something in me that can do it, and I've got the drive, just need to make my body match my willpower. So I started off the first 5 sets breaking for 90 seconds, then I bumped it up to 2 minutes. It was very hard, but I'm glad I persevered. I also sweated A LOT!

If anyone doesn't think they can make it, talk to me, I know what it's like, I know that point where you want to give up, but deep down you really don't. I'm no expert, but I can share my experiences, and hopefully that inspires others to get through their workouts as well.

That's the hard day done and over with, the other 3 days are easy compared to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment