Monday 10 October 2011

FOOD!

Well I said I would put up a pic of my trail mix that I make and here it is. This is my trail mix that I like to make, cause I don't like the mixtures that they have on the market and can't seem to get enough of this and too much of that.

For ingredients it's easy, mind you, use whatever you wish to use, this is just what I like to do, and I measure nothing, it's all eyeballed til it looks about right. This is mixed in a 8 cup container (at least that's what it said on the bottom), and I mixed in dried apple chips, dried cranberries, non salted cashews, and salted sunflower seeds. I love this kind of mixture because not only do you get the salt from the sunflower seeds, but you also get a bit of sugar from the cranberries and banana chips.

Here is some pictures of it being made:









Any extra banana chips and cranberries may potentially be subjected to my hamster, Muffin.




Also I'll put up my recipe for PuckerPower Chicken. For me, I can't get enough of the sour stuff, and sour candy just doesn't do it for me anymore, it's too plain. So every once in a while, I make this dish that I love.

You'll need:

2 chicken breasts
1 big thing of the Real Lemon Juice
and enough pasta of your choice, and make it about half and half of pasta and chicken.
oh, and miracel whip or mayonaise to taste.

Cube up the chicken, put in a frying pan, pour enough lemon juice in so that it just barely covers the chicken, and cook until the juice is all gone. Then after about 30 seconds of the chicken being dried out in the pan, add enough lemon juice to cover half of the chicken. Cook until most of the juice is gone.

Then cook your pasta, mix together with the chicken, and add mayo or miracle whip, to help prevent the pasta from sticking.

Also if you take this to work, it's a good idea to put a bit of lemon juice in the bottom of your container so that when you microwave it, it doesn't dry out.

Who's brave enough to try that? Probably only me.

Hope you enjoyed my post. Anyone like my trail mix blend?

No comments:

Post a Comment