Saturday 15 October 2011

Breakfast

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For me, it's hard to stomach the sight of food first thing in the morning.

I remember reading in Men's Health a while ago that breakfast is the most effective if eaten about an hour within getting up. Me, and actually stomaching it, is closer to that hour mark.

But what my schedule is, on workdays I get up and head right out the door and off to work. I always fall asleep right after I get on the bus. Then once at work, I have my breakfast. So I need something quick and easy for my breakfast.

Here's what I do. I get a cup of yogurt in a container, then take a half a cup of frozen berry mix, and nuke it in a mug in the microwave til it's not frozen. Just a tad warm is my preference. Then mix the two and off I go. It all takes less than two minutes, easily.

What do you guys do for breakfast?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty healthy option. I've been starting the day with a Luna bar. They call is a "whole nutrition bar for women". It's likely not as healthy as having actual real food though. :) I can't face breakfast too early either, so it's usually 1/2 hour to an hour after I wake up as well.

    btw, I liked your trail mix recipe except for banana chips. Your hamster could have all of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure muffin would be pleased to find out she can have your share of banana chips. Glad you liked the recipe. Just what I like to use.

    I will also mention the Luna Bar to my fiancé.

    ReplyDelete